Feeding the hungry, restoring the addict and loving our neighbor. Since 1927.
Union Gospel Mission was founded in 1927, when 40 area churches came together seeking to minister to the homeless and hurting on the streets of Portland. In 1937, Union Gospel Mission purchased a building at 15 NW Third Ave.
Seventy years later, in 2007, the Mission expanded to include the LifeChange Center at 3 NW Third Ave. In December 2013, Union Gospel Mission opened the LifeChange Center for Women and Their Children in Beaverton.
Union Gospel Mission provides more than 200,000 meals a year to the homeless and people in need. In addition to meals, the Mission provides food boxes, a day room with coffee and snacks, clothing, hygiene items, referral services and emergency cold weather shelter to the homeless.
Union Gospel Mission is home to the LifeChange program, a Christ-centered recovery community. Its purpose is to transform lives and break people free from addiction and destructive life patterns.
LifeChange community residents live in safe, transitional recovery housing at two locations. Men are at 3 NW Third Ave. in Portland; women and children are at 3400 103rd Ave. in Beaverton.