CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
HOmeless Services outreach coordinator
Position Description: Union Gospel Mission has a 90-year history of helping people experiencing homelessness in Portland. Our Purpose is feeding the hungry, restoring the addict and loving our neighbor. Our highest values are to connect and coach people experiencing homelessness to abundant life in Christ through direct life essential assistance and a path to sustainable work, housing and a God-honoring life in partnership with churches and other organizations. This position will focus primarily on women and children, helping to assist and connect them with services that help to meet the root cause of their homelessness – health care, mental health care, drug and alcohol treatment, supportive housing.
Location: 3 NW Third Avenue, Portland OR 97209; a significant part of the role will take place outside of the Mission
Reports to: Homeless Services Director
Employment Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Wage: $12.50 per hour; up to 30 hours per week
Hours: The Coordinator will primarily work daytime hours, approximately 2/3 time mobile, providing outreach services to individuals who experience homelessness outside of the City Center. The Coordinator will occasionally do night outreach with a team of program residents and volunteers.
· Meet immediate needs and connect people, primarily women and children, to transitional services through Union Gospel Mission and other organizations.
· Prioritize church and group partnerships to bring eternal and abundant life to people experiencing homelessness
· Coordinate closely with the Homeless Services Director and on-site Coordinator to support people experiencing homelessness who express a desire to enter LifeChange recovery and/or other services.
· Monitor and report on quantitative and qualitative progress and outcomes
· Meet with volunteers, churches and non-profit organizations to represent Union Gospel Mission, network and build partnerships
· Committed Christ-follower.
· Champion for compassionate short and long-term spiritual, physical and emotional care.
· Deep experience with a diverse group of denominations.
· Strong personal, organizational, and project management skills and warm yet professional demeanor.
· Comfortable working with a wide diversity of stakeholders including volunteers, the LifeChange recovery community, daily mission visitors.
· Able to deal with tense interactions with skill and diplomacy.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and public-speaking skills.
· Able to quickly problem-solve; creative, and a self-starter.
· Proven ability to collaborate with a team and produce excitement and support for new initiatives.
· Capable at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet.
· Driver license/ clean record
· Involvement in Christ-centered direct ministry relief and development work
· Exposure and involvement with a wide variety of Christ followers
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in case management, mental health, or related field
· Experience driving 15-passenger van or equivalent sized vehicle
Personal Attributes & Values:
· A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and a testimony of continued growth in faith
· Spiritual maturity as defined by traditional Biblical Standards and growing in it through the regular practice of the spiritual disciplines
· Maintain an exemplary Christian life and example
· Adhere to Union Gospel Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics
· Possess and demonstrate excellent integrity
· Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks as assigned
· Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted
· Ability to walk up and down steep, muddy hills
Please send resume and cover letter to Adam Moore – firstname.lastname@example.org