CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Position Description: The Union Gospel Mission development assistant works as part of the development team to administrate, plan, organize, manage, and measure all development functions, including special events, grant writing, communications, major gifts, volunteer coordination and other functions as assigned by the development director. This role includes supporting these positions; Director of Development, development staff, communications manager, volunteer director and other departments as needed.
Location: 3 NW Third Avenue, Portland OR 97209
Reports to: Director of Development
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Salary: $30,000-$36,000 plus benefits
1. Assist the development director and development department staff with all development functions including planning setting strategies, creating budgets, and creating and executing campaigns, including Operation Overcoat, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter campaigns.
2. Manage monthly donor and new donor strategies, including regularly calling all new and monthly donors.
3. Manage grant writing including grant research, writing, editing, reporting, and engaging foundation donors.
4. Assist with communications functions including social media, press releases, radio-thons and telethons.
5. Plan, coordinate and manage development special events, including dinners, and small group events.
6. Assist with writing, editing, research, reporting, data management and measurement of development tools.
7. Assist with volunteer management.
8. Be competent and confident in using Raiser’s Edge and other UGM technology.
9. To perform other duties as assigned by the development office.
Experience: Previous employment in the non-profit sector preferred, previous experience in grant writing or related field preferred, must have minimum of a bachelor’s degree, skilled writing capabilities, organizational skills, excellent technical abilities (i.e.: social media, Microsoft office, etc.), and proven people skills.
Character: Strong commitment to Union Gospel Mission’s mission, have a passion for the gospel, and a desire to serve the homeless, broken, addicted and needy. Must like a fast-paced environment with a variety of duties. Must be self-motivated, highly organized and likes to work with people. Must have strong computer skills, able to write and edit, and wants to be part of a team.
As a faith-based non-profit UGM seeks individuals that align with our understanding of biblical and moral teaching as expressed in the UGM Statement of Faith:
· The Bible is the Word of God.
· There is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
· Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, rose from the dead, and will come again in power and glory.
· People are saved by grace through faith in Jesus, and that faith is expressed by confession and repentance.
· The Holy Spirit empowers believers to know and worship God.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Lynne Alley – firstname.lastname@example.org