CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Media Relations/Marketing Manager
Wage: $40,000 - $55,000 (depending on experience)
Location: 3 NW Third Avenue, Portland OR 97209
Union Gospel Mission seeks a Media Relations/Marketing Manager to lead UGM media relations, organizational branding, public messaging, marketing strategy and media related fundraising.
Reports to: Development Director
Employment Status: Full time - Salaried (exempt)
Effective Date: Summer 2018
Are you a determined and friendly professional with an advanced understanding of nonprofits? Do you desire to help transform the lives of the homeless and people in need in a Christ centered organization? If so, you might be a great fit for our organization. Union Gospel Mission has a 90-year history of helping people experiencing homelessness, abuse, and addiction in Portland, and we’re looking for a self-starting Media Relations/Marketing Manager to oversee media relations and improve donor retention. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude, a tireless work ethic and an insatiable desire to spread the love of Christ. The Media Relations/Marketing Manager will sit on the UGM Development Team, supervise creative staff and vendors, oversee media relationships as well as own marketing budget and planning. This work occurs primarily during normal business hours. This role will be the primary liaison to the news media and some work will occur at special events and the occasional early or late hours.
1. Create annual marketing plan and budget, and lead long-term planning for all media channels.
2. Provide expertise/input into communications messaging and fundraising efforts.
3. Build and nurture a growing list of print, TV, radio, online media contacts.
4. Create/update/monitor UGM web-site and other online media.
5. Create press releases
6. Provide talking points for UGM leadership.
7. Represent UGM in interviews, videos, speaking engagements in a PR capacity.
8. Provide leadership in key meetings to cultivate and develop proper internal/external messaging.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Development Director
· 3 to 5 years of experience with media relations.
· Strong personal, organizational, &project management skills & courteous/professional demeanor.
· Comfortable working with a diversity of stakeholders (staff/volunteers/program participants/visitors.)
· Excellent verbal and written communication and public-speaking skills.
· Proven ability to collaborate with a team and produce excitement and support for new initiatives.
· A Christ-follower adhering to UGM’s Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
· Spiritual maturity and regular participation in a church.
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications or marketing.
· Ability to multi-task and delegate work effectively.
Union Gospel Mission has a 90-year history of helping people experiencing homelessness, abuse, and addiction in Portland. UGM is a distinctively Christ-centered religious nonprofit. The Media Relations Director, along with all other UGM staff, will be commissioned for ministry.
Please send resume and cover letter to Courtney Dodds at – email@example.com